School is back in session and Reading Patch Club will be, too! Sign-up starts the day after Labor Day, on Tuesday September 5 and will run through May 25, 2018. Children in Kindergarten through 8th grade are welcome to join!
How does Patch Club work?
- Come to the Youth Services Desk and choose one patch to work towards.
- Younger readers in the "Read to Me" club have 30 books read to them.
- Older readers completing the "Reading On My Own" club read eight books in a specific genre; these should be chapter books or blue-level easy readers.
- Books may be from the Algonquin Area Public Library, another library, or from home.
- If a child earns five patches during the school year, they will receive a special tote bag (limit one bag per child per lifetime).
- Patches unfinished as of May 25, 2018 may be finished in September 2018.
- Participation is limited to Algonquin Area Public Library cardholders.